Three easy steps to start using Terrateam.
- Install the Terrateam GitHub application
- Store the Terrateam GitHub workflow file
- Configure your cloud provider
Install the Terrateam GitHub application on any repository with Terraform code.
The Terrateam GitHub workflow file must be stored in the
of your Terraform repository. The
default branch is usually named
💡 Expand for detailed workflow file setup instructions
Terrateam GitHub Actions workflow file setup
- Create a new branch in your repository
git checkout -b terrateam-setup
- Create a
mkdir -p .github/workflows
- Store the Terrateam GitHub Actions workflow file in the
curl -L -o .github/workflows/terrateam.yml \ https://terrateam.io/.github/workflows/terrateam.yml
- Commit and push
.github/workflows/to your branch
git add .github/workflows/ && \ git commit .github/workflows/ -m "Terrateam GitHub Actions workflow file" && \ git push --set-upstream origin terrateam-setup
- Create a pull request to merge your changes into the default branch
gh pr create --fill
- Merge your new pull request
Terrateam needs permission to access your cloud provider in order to make changes with the Terraform CLI.
Create a Pull Request with a Terraform code change
- Create a pull request with a Terraform code change
- Terrateam will automatically run
terraform planand comment back the output
- Comment on the pull request with
terrateam applyto apply changes
- Merge the pull request
Learn how to fully customize your workflow with our runtime configuration file.