GitHub Pull Requests are used to trigger Terrateam operations. Terrateam comes with the following modes of operation:
There are many ways a Terrateam operation can be triggered. Here are the most common triggers:
The Plan mode of operation will execute a
terraform plan against any changed
directories that contain a Terraform code change.
This operation is strictly read-only.
The Apply mode of operation will execute a
terraform apply against any plan
files that were produced in the Plan workflow step.
Apply operations never produce Terraform plan files.
A typical Terrateam workflow usually looks like the following:
- Alice opens a pull request with a Terraform code change
- Terrateam triggers a Plan operation and comments the output to the pull request
- Bob approves the pull request
- Alice comments
- Terrateam triggers an Apply operation and comments the apply output to the pull request
- Alice reviews the Apply output and merges the pull request